I am a Ph.D. candidate in Computer Science, Yale University.
My advisor is Prof. Y. Richard Yang. Our research group is Laboratory of Networked Systems.
I received my B.E. and M.S. degrees in Electronic Engineering from Tsinghua University (Beijing, China) in 2005 and 2007. My master thesis research was conducted at NGN Lab.
Saying: Engineering is the kid of father Science and mother Art.
My current research interests are computer networked system design that improves the productivity of both Internet operators and users:
- P2P Streaming Systems
Software packages will soon be released...
- P4P: Provider Portal for Network Applications.
Here is our P4P Software Package for both network operators and P2P application developers.
We conducted several large-scale field tests of P4P on the global Internet, working together with major ISPs in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. The global deployment of P4P is moving fast. For example, ALTO interop with multiple industrial vendors was conducted in IETF 81, Cuebec City, Canada, 07/25/2011.
- TORTE: Towards Optimized and Robust Traffic Engineering.
Please contact with us for our TORTE software package.
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (reviewer)
- ACM SIGCOMM 2011 (external reviewer)
- International Conference on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems 2011 (TPC)
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (reviewer)
- International Conference on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems 2010 (TPC)
- International Conference Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networking 2009 (TPC)
- IEEE GlobeCom 2007 Symposium on Internet Protocol (reviewer)
- NetFuse: Short-circuiting Traffic Surges in the Cloud
Ye Wang, Yueping Zhang, Vishal Kumar Singh, Cristian Lumezanu, Guofei Jiang. To appear in IEEE ICC NGN 2013
- Optimizing Cost and Performance for Content Multihoming
Hongqiang Liu, Ye Wang, Y. Richard Yang, Hao Wang, Chen Tian. In Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2012
- An Analysis and Comparison of CDN-P2P-hybrid Content Delivery System and Model
Zhihui Lu, Ye Wang, Y. Richard Yang. Special Issue on Multimedia Streaming, Journal of Communications, 2012, Volume 7, No. 3, 232-245, ISSN 1796-2021
- QoSaaS: Quality of Service as a Service [conference link] [pdf] [presentation]
Ye Wang, Cheng Huang, Jin Li, Philip A. Chou, Y. Richard Yang. In Proceedings of USENIX Hot-ICE 2011
- R3: Resilient Routing Reconfiguration [link] [pdf] [presentation]
Ye Wang, Hao Wang, Ajay Mahimkar, Richard Alimi, Yin Zhang, Lili Qiu, and Y. Richard Yang. In Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2010
- Shadow Configuration as a Network Management Primitive [link] [pdf]
Richard Alimi, Ye Wang, and Y. Richard Yang. In Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2008
- Inter-Domain Access Volume: Ranking Autonomous Systems [link] [pdf]
Yixuan Wang, Ye Wang, Maoke Chen, and Xing Li. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2008, Volume 5200/2008, 482-491, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-540-89524-4_48
- HPTP: Relieving the Tension between ISPs and P2P [link] [pdf]
Guobin Shen, Ye Wang, Yongqiang Xiong, Ben Y. Zhao, and Zhi-li Zhang. Appeared in IPTPS 2007
- Building a Robust and Economical Internet Testbed: 6PlanetLab [link]
Dan Hong, Ye Wang, Junxiu Lu, Maoke Chen, and Xing Li. In Proceedings of IEEE ICON 2007
- Optimizing Cost and Performance for Concurrent Multipath Transferring using extended shim6
Ye Wang, Xuan Li, Dongtao Liu, and Maoke Chen. In Proceedings of ICCT 2006
- Tracker-Based Peer Selection using ALTO Map Information [link]
Y. Richard Yang, Richard Alimi, Ye Wang, David Zhang, and K. Lee.
- CPSC 112: Introduction to Programming (Spring 2011)
- AMTH 235/ENAS 525/OPRS 235: Optimization (Fall 2010)
- CPSC 435/CPSC 535: Internet-Scale Applications (Spring 2010)
- CPSC 433/CPSC 533: Computer Networks (Fall 2009)
Awards and Honors
- University Fellowship, Yale University, 2007
- Graduate Scholarship for Science and Technology Innovation, Tsinghua University, 2005
- First Prize, National Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest (Intel Cup. Embedded System Design Invitational Contest). Awarded by Ministry of Education and Ministry of Information Industry, P.R. China, 2004 [Certificate]
- Scholarship for Science and Technology Innovation, Tsinghua University, 2004
- Scholarship for Academic Excellence, Tsinghua University, 2004
- Scholarship for Social Work, Tsinghua University, 2003
- Intern, Department of Autonomic Management, NEC Laboratories America. My supervisor is Yueping Zhang. U.S. Patents pending. (06/2011 - 09/2011)
- Intern, Communication and Collaboration Group, Microsoft Research. My mentor is Cheng Huang. U.S. Patent associated. (06/2009 - 08/2009, as Collaborator 02/2010-06/2010)
- Visiting Student, Wireless and Networking Group, Microsoft Research Asia. My mentor is Guobin (Jacky) Shen, an IEEE senior member. (08/2006 - 12/2006)
- Assistant Operator, CERNET IPv6 Testbed. (09/2005 - 05/2006)
- Demo Operator, CERNET2 Launch Event and Celebration of 10th Anniversary of CERNET. (12/25/2005)
- Research Assistant Student, Laboratory of Plant Signal Transduction, Dept. of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University. My supervisor is Prof. Daoxin Xie, a Chang Jiang Scholar. (02/2005 - 07/2005)
- Developer, Vehicle Navigation of Intelligent Transportation System, Demonstration in 2nd Tsinghua-Hitachi seminar, an embedded car navigator controlled by a central server via GPRS. (09/2003 - 05/2004)
- Chief Executive, Tsinghua University Alumni Association in Connecticut, USA (12/2010 - )
- Vice President, Association of Chinese Students and Scholars at Yale, Yale University (07/2009 - 05/2010)
- Developer & System Administrator, smth BBS, the Bulletin Borad System of Tsinghua University, serving about 3,000 online users, over 40,000 registered users. (03/2005 - 05/2007)
- Vice President, Student Science and Technology Association of DEE, Tsinghua University (09/2004 - 07/2005)
- Assistant Administrator, Student Network Service of DEE, Tsinghua University (07/2003 - 07/2005)
- Manager, Basketball Team of DEE, Tsinghua University (10/2004 - 07/2007)
Fun Staff - inventions by friends and me
- LetsTube: Many of us in the same building will watch YouTube on cell phones. Why should we compete and overload the expensive wireless Internet access? We can share the video by local wireless P2P transmissions. Try LetsTube on your Windows Mobile 6 phone! [download]
- "Hermes" - Mobile Digital White Board: Work for the National Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest (Intel Cup. Embedded System Design Invitational Contest), a mobile terminal device that connects to Internet using different access techniques and acts as a digital white borad with adaptable QoS. [photos]
- "TRUST" Hidden-Lock for laptop: When you leave your laptop for a minute, you can install the "lock" via USB, and take the "key" with you; the lock and key "link" to each other by radio. If someone touch your laptop, the lock will detect it by photosensors and cut the link, so the key will beep to warn you. [photos]
- Smart Air Conditioner: This air conditioner supports IPv6. It downloads weather reports from Internet and set nice temperature for your home. You can control and monitor it by web browser.
- Assistant-Robot for handicapped people: We built a simple microphone array on this robot, so it can roughly recognize the location of him when the handicapped calls for help. [photos]
- Simple Robot Vacuum Cleaner: The cleaner uses 4 infrared sensors to detect furniture and boundaries. Applying a simple algorithm, this robot can quickly sweep the entire room.
Technology research is part of my life, maybe the most favorite part, but not all.
My wife is Xiaowei Zou, a Ph.D. candidate in Biomedical Engineering at Columbia University. She is doing cool fundamental research in MRI, a promising technology of diagnostic radiology for medical care.
I'm sometimes called sando, my ID on the Internet.
My hometown is Beijing, China. As a member of ACSSY, I would like to serve the Chinese community in New Haven and elsewhere in United States.
I'm also serving as the Chief Executive of THAA-CT (Tsinghua Alumni in Connecticut, USA).
You may find more daily life photos from my online album.
In 2010, I was lucky to perform a funny Chinese crosstalk with four talented American students. Here are the videos on Youtube: 
"Ars longa, vita brevis."
All-star PhD Friends: Ruizhe Yang | Yuan Shen | Rich Alimi | Biplob Debnath | Rui Wang | Yibo Chen | Congcong Li | Xia Zhou | Ang Li | Yang Chen
Last updated: June 20, 2011